Monday 18 October 2010

Introducing a new generation of conservation leaders: Isadora Angarita Martinez

"I am a Colombian biologist who has worked for more than 10 years in ecology and conservation, mainly but not only with a focus on birds. Since, completing my studies at Universidad del Valle, I have carried out various voluntary and paid activities in this field. I have gained experience in the planning and implementation of research and conservation projects, the coordination of multidisciplinary teams as well as in the administration of funds. I have also had the opportunity to combine research with awareness and capacity building of the inhabitants of my study areas.

In 2005, I completed a Diploma in Endangered Species Management at the Durrell Wildlife Conservation Trust, UK. Subsequently, I returned to Colombia to apply what I had learned during the diploma course to my then current job. In 2007, I moved to Cambodia, as project manager of a rescue, conservation, education and breeding centre for endangered species. This position gave me another taste of conservation and research work on endangered species. I had the opportunity to carry out and coordinate in situ conservation activities of endangered species. Currently, I am a consultant for various non-governmental environmental organisations."

No comments:

Post a Comment